Sunday, December 18, 2011

Best Songs of 2011

The rules: To make it interesting...
  1. I won't include any songs from my top list of the 10 Least Boring Albums of 2011. They've gotten enough attention already!
  2. I will describe each song using 5 words or less, employing bad puns and strained and largely irrelevant pop culture references when possible.


Bandana Splits: Sometimes

Boogie woogie indie girls.


Battles: Ice Cream

Cherry Aguayo.


The Black Keys: Stop Stop

Greenlit.


Black Lips: Go Out and Get It

Get got.


Comet Gain: Clang of the Concrete Swans

Hide your hate forever.


Diego Garcia: You Were Never There

Absence makes heart grow bitter.


Dirtbombs: Sharivari

Shari is so vari...


Dirty Beaches: True Blue

Drowned Orbison.


Dum Dum Girls: Bedroom Eyes

Bedroom eyes on Hynde legs.


EMA: Milkman

Does a body good.


Girls: Honey Bunny

Love you too, Honey Bunny.


Grouper: She Loves Me That Way

Taken by the tide.


Hospitality: Betty Wang

A chocolate on your pillow.


Michael Kiwanuka: I'm Getting Ready

The value of preparation.


Moon Duo: Mazes

Get lost in it.


Razika: Taste My Dream

See how they run.


Real Estate: It's Real

Location, location.


Slow Club: Two Cousins

Slow and steady wins.


Surfer Blood: I'm Not Ready

I beg to differ.


Thao & Mirah: Eleven

This one goes to 11.


Tune-Yards: Gangsta

Danger crawling out the wood.


Kurt Vile: In My Time

Everybody must get stoned.


Chad VanGaalen: Peace Is on the Rise

Waking dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive